Tuesday 30 April 2013

Bourjois blush

Bourjois Blush £7.49

Now here's a product that you won't see on my blog very often, it's not that I have anything against blusher it's just because I don't wear it very often so I'm wary off ending up looking like a clown! Maybe I should just learn to apply blusher properly and then I wouldn't have this problem. A couple of weeks ago Superdrug were running an offer where if you spent £12 on Bourjois you could get a free little round blusher pot, seeing as I needed to get some face powder anyway I thought I might as well make it up to the amount and then I would get to test a new product out for free.
First of all how cute is the packaging! Bourjois is celebrating it's 150th birthday - 1.5.0 that is amazing - so they have bought out these really cute little vintage pots, it's the same design as their regular little round pots of blush (or eyeshadow for that matter) but with a new silhouette sticker. Personally I think they should keep it like this for all their products but it's nice to own something a little different.


I also love that the little brushes are included with the blush, one less think to try and pack into a make up bag, and the little mirror makes it perfect for touch ups on the go. Because the brush is rounded it not only sits perfectly in the pot, it also picks up just the right amount of powder to sweep on to the apples of your cheeks. The product also has a lovely, subtle rose scent, which I only realised recently, but it's a nice touch.


As you can see from the swatch - and apologies for the poor quality - Rose Ambre is a fairly light, dusky pink that doesn't leave a pink stain on your cheeks. You need to layer it up to get a rosy glow but I don't mind that because it allows me to control how much I want to wear. I really love the shade of this blush though, I think the pink tones really suit my fair skin and bring out a natural glow where as some blushers can be really heavy. Because of the baked texture, the powder is ultra-fine and extremely easy to blend on to skin.


Apologies for the picture, it's the only decent one I have of me wearing the Bourjois blush. Recently I've been layering it up with the Revlon Baby Stick to add a highlight to my cheekbone, but you can read my review about that here.
All in all I'm very happy with this blush and I'm glad I tried it. It's much better than the one I was using before from Neal's Yard Remedies, it was a lovely colour I'm just not a big fan of loose powder products.
You can buy Bourjois blushers online from Superdug or Boots and also in store, for £7.49, there are 12 shades available so I'm sure you will be able to find the right shade for your skin tone.

What's your favourite Bourjois product?

Beth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment