Monday 16 September 2013

Mani Mondays: Shades of purple


So I'm not very creative when it comes to nails, I have loads of colour but not enough tools to create the amazing nail art you see on other blogs. So while I wait for student loan to come in and my part time job to start I'm trying to create budget looks with whatever I have to hand. This week is a different shades of purple look which is really easy to create and can be mixed up to use different hues of the same base colour.
I used Barry M Prickly Pear to create a pale purple base and then used a darker purple from Accessorize to draw a different design for each nail. It's not super neat because I did this freehand rather than using a nail pen but purple polish is what was in my box so that is what I used.




You will need:

  • Barry M in Prickly Pear £3.99
  • Accessorize dark purple polish (I got this as part of a gift set but you can buy a similar shade here)
  • Rimmel Nail Nurse 5-in-1 base & top coat £4.49
Next steps
  • Prep your nails: make sure they clean of any old polish and apply Rimmel Nail Nurse
  • Apply two coats of Barry M in Prickly Pear
  • Grab your darker nail polish and go crazy on the designs, as you can see below I went for a different design for each nail but you can do whatever you want. Lines are the hardest with because nail polish brushes are quite wide and it can be difficult to get them straight.

Just realised how strange my fingers look when photographed individually

Beth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment