Sunday 29 September 2013

Mini haul #1


I've missed blogging this week! On Thursday I had my first lecture as a third year - otherwise known as the "scare the crap out of you" lecture where we heard all about final year project and dissertation deadlines, not to leave anything to the last minute and if you haven't got any ideas by know... well... *gulp*! On the bright side, on Friday I found out that my job application for a part time job in a cookware shop was successful and I'm starting next Sunday. So between uni, my job and running this blog this year will be jam-packed but I'm still looking forward to - albeit with a few nerves
It seems now that I can't even make a quick trip to Asda without picking up some beauty products. All I popped in for was a few food items and some toothpaste but a few other goodies made it into my shopping bag as well.
(L-R) vanilla shower scrub, vanilla bath and shower gel and vanilla body mist - priced at £3 each from Asda

First up is this trio of vanilla scented bath time treats from NSpa. I am addicted to body scrubs, but unfortunately I just go through a tube so quickly because I like to use one every other shower! I intended to stick to using exfoliating gloves instead this year - my housemate picked me up some the other day - but when I saw this scrub I couldn't resist. It's got a nice strong, vanilla scent without being overpowering or sickly sweet. Seeing as Asda were running a 3 for £5 across the NSpa range it seemed silly to just pick up one item so I went for the matching shower & bath gel and body mist as well.

(L-R) chocolate masque £1, glacial clay spa - clay infsued fabric mask £1.48, blemish mud argule anti-imperfection £1 and manuka honey peel off mask £1 (all from Asda)
Now a facemask was on my shopping list this week because my skin is having quite a bad breakout at the moment - especially around my mouth - so I wanted to find something to calm it down a bit before tomorrow. I love Montagne Jeunesse masks and Asda were running a 4 for 3 deal so I picked 4 new ones I hadn't tried before: Argile Anti-Imperfection, Manuka Honey Peel-Off, Chocolate Masque and Glacial Clay Spa which is a clay infused fabric mask. They're all designed to deep clean your pores and help with problem skin - perfect for me. The only problem I'll have is trying to work out which one to use first.

Hope you're all having a great weekend.

Beth xx

5 comments:

  1. Great haul! I've never tried one of those face masks, but I always see them in Boots! Which one would you recommend?

    http://hesterlierre.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! All their facemasks are fab but it depends what your skin type is. I tried the Blemish Mud Argile Anti-Imperfection one today which is really good for combination/blemish prone skin or if you have enlarged pores - it gives skin a really deep clean and you can feel it tingling on your skin. Any of the self heating ones are good for when you're in need of a skin pick-me-up or just fancy a bit of a pamper :) xx

      Delete
  2. Some of those £1 masks are really good. My favourite is the white chocolate one and it smells yummy too! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've never tried the white chocolate one, I'll have to put it on my to buy list once I've used these ones up! xx

      Delete
  3. I'm a huge fan of face masks. I'll try some of these when I move to London. Thanks for the post. :)

    www.makeupandstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete