Wednesday 5 March 2014

Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation

I hope you all had a great pancake day yesterday! I was by myself this year, but I still whipped up a stack of pancakes which I ate while watching When Harry Met Sally - not as fun as last years pancake day, but still a nice evening. Today I'm sharing my thought's on Max Factor's Whipped Creme Foundation, a product which I have been using for a couple of months now.

Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation


Swatch: Light Ivory (40)

This foundation reminds me of the first time I bought my first proper "grown-up" foundation, the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. I think I must have been about 15, shopping with my mum and swatching loads of foundations to try and find the right shade for my skin tone. I remember being so excited to be allowed to wear actual make up for the first time - the truth is I was so nervous putting it on that it probably looked like I was wearing nothing anyway!
Unfortunately I did my usual blogging thing with this product: bought it and got so excited about using it that I forgot to take any pictures! So I'm doing more a look-back review, and seeing as I use it everyday I feel I know everything about this foundation.
I've always loved mousse foundations, they're light, easy to apply and really blendable. The only downside is sometimes they can get a bit cakey if you try and layer it on. Although the website recommends applying it with a foundation brush, I prefer to blend it with my fingertips because otherwise the coverage is far too heavy for me. The hydrating formula means it's perfect during the winter when your skin can start to dry out (unsightly dry patches? Anyone else?) but it's light and dewy enough to keep using right throughout spring/summer. As an added extra bonus it's also oil and fragrance-free, so suitable for even those sensitive types. I loved this foundation so much that I've already picked up my third pot - my sister pinched the second one for her make up stash, so it must be good!
You can pick up a pot from Superdrug or Boots stores or online here and here.

What's your favourite type of foundation? Have you tried the Whipped Creme Foundation from Max Factor yet?

Beth xx 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely review! I am a fan of Max Factor, but it has been discontinued where I am from and I didn't get the chance to use their mousse foundation. I loved their liquid foundation, it felt as though I wasn't wearing anything on my skin.
    Thanks for sharing

    Keisha xo
    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete